Saturday, December 09, 2006

e.Blackboard part 2

A new chef and new suppliers, e.blackboard has been hard at work listening to the needs of its customers and comments from foodies over the months, and I tagged along together with ieat and two of his makan kakis for a photo shoot and preview of the new menu.


First up is the pasta, which I felt was really appetizing. The taste was not overpowering and it wasn't too dry or soggy with sauce.




Fish and chips is available at $6. The dory fillet had a great texture to it and the skin was crispy yet not oily. Salad and fries are served as well.


Next up is the lamb chop ($12.90). Not a mutton eater myself, I found it good enough for my taste buds, though one may feel that the piece is smaller than it is because of the bones. It also now comes with mint sauce (instead of citrus butter previously served) and potato wedges.


I had originally given this session a miss, but due to a change of plans at the last minute, I made my way down and arrived half an hour late, when most of the food (like the ribeye steak) had been shot, eaten and turned cold. As I ate it for the last visit a week ago, Bryan was kind to have Gerald, the new chef, prepare it for me so that I could make a comparison. I opted for medium-rare.


And my conclusion is that the steak is one of the best I could get for $12.90, given the competition for budget steak at this price range from places like Aston's. The change of beef supply has certainly helped. As soon as the tasting was done, everyone wanted a piece of it!


Every meal ordered entitles you to 2 side dishes, and one of the more refreshing stuff now available is the Cherry Tomato Raisins, which comes as a topping for the coleslaw.

And that is all for the foodie session at e.blackboard today. You may also want to check out ieat's take on the revamped e.blackboard, which offers you more details about our trip.