Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Reports from the gala premiere of DN2

Let me begin my Gala Premiere adventure by saying that I hate my new shoes. I fell down twice (at least it's not at the event) today, once while I was going to the laundry, next after the event at Liang Court, because my new shoes are too new and slippery. Bleagh. Bleagh, bleagh, bleagh. =(

That is fine by all means, scratches aside, but the lens of my camera is spoilt! It cannot auto-focus anymore, and I could not zoom in as well, leaving me with only blur shots. The best I could do will look like photos taken from a handphone camera. Biggest flop of the year for this blog? =(

Well, at least I enjoyed myself there, with such great hospitality handed out to a last-minute guest like me.

Now I will have to report to Nikon to get things fixed first thing tomorrow morning, hopefully without additional cost and covered fully by warranty.

I have become so busy this December that I have to postpone or even cancel appointments. =X

Okay, back to the movie. It was great, but it may not have an ending that you'll like or expect, maybe? 'Cos..... you'll have to watch it yourself or else it'll really be an ultimate spoiler if I say out the reason.

By the way, you can find the plot of the movie in its exactness somewhere in Wikipedia. Oh, did I just mention some spoilers? =D

Sneak previews for Death Note 2: The Last Name is available this Friday for midnight shows

In other news, I'm going to Tokyo in March! Apple and his brother is coming with me! Yatta!

Pictures that I can salvage....

The crowd. 5 cinema halls were booked in total for the event.


The DJs for the night, Vernon A and Justin Ang.


Cosplay contest for the lead characters Light, "L" and Misa.


The winner, "L", on the right.


The runner-up, portraying herself as Misa, was also a popular candidate.